The project consisted of the construction of a new 2.0 MGD capacity raw water intake and pump station for the Town of Highlands on Lake Sequoya. The project included:
- A raw water intake screen with air burst system
- 140ft of 14” raw water intake piping laid in granite. Installation of this pipe required that the entire lake be drawn down using a by- pass pumping system and other dam modifications were made while the lake was down.
- A pre-cast concrete wet well that was approximately 33ft deep. 20ft of this was in solid granite.
- A 750 SF pump station building with valves, controls and miscellaneous piping.
- Installation of approximately 2,100 LF of 12” diameter raw water transmission main. 90% of this line was laid down one lane of a major highway which had to be resurfaced upon completion.
- Resurfacing of approximately 1550 SF of the existing dam
- Epoxy injection of minor cracks in the existing Dam